Things to Do & Events
Things to do
Set in the beautiful Welsh countryside, the Llanoddian Isaf Holiday Cottages are an ideal base for guests on a self-catering holiday to explore the Mid Wales area and enjoy outdoor pursuits. The holiday cottages are located near Dolanog, about nine miles from Welshpool, and boast spectacular views whilst being within easy reach of the market towns of Welshpool, Newtown and Oswestry.
- Walking – the area is a walker’s paradise, with the famous Offa’s Dyke, Glyndwr’s Way and Ann Griffiths Memorial Walks nearby. Alternatively, guests can enjoy strolling through 24 acres of our private farmland, inhabited only by our flock of sheep
- Cycling - there is a network of quiet, scenic country lanes ideal for cycling. Bikes can be hired locally, for example at Old Barn cafe cycle hire.
- Fishing - there are fantastic fishing sites at the River Vyrnwy and Bluebell Park at Llanerfyl, near Welshpool.
- Pony trekking – there are a selection of pony trekking centres in the area
- Lake Vyrnwy - the beautiful Lake Vyrnwy, with its scenic walking trails and quaint tea rooms is just 12 miles away.
- Llanrhaeadr Waterfall - the magnificent Llanrhaeadr Waterfall is within easy reach of the site. The waterfall is renowned as one of the Seven Wonders of Wales, and boasts several walks with stunning views.Watch the review on "Weatherman Walking" in wales.
- The North Wales Coast - the site is approximately an hour’s drive from the North Wales coast.
- Snowdonia – the site is approximately 70 miles from Snowdonia National Park, which is home to Snowdon, Wales’ highest mountain.
- Watersports - guests seeking adrenaline-fuelled activities can visit Llangollen or Bala, in North Wales, or Bethania Watersports at Lake Vyrnwy, all of which offer excellent water sports, including white water rafting, canoeing, kayaking and windsurfing.
- Market towns - those seeking a more relaxed experience can find a wealth of shops, pubs and restaurants in the nearby market towns of Welshpool, Newtown, Oswestry and Shrewsbury
- The Flash Leisure Centre – located in Welshpool, with a public swimming pool, gym and a range of fitness classes
- Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway - open again from Saturday 12th April 2014.
- Powis Castle - a medieval castle set in beautiful grounds. Several other National Trust properties are nearby.
Eleri and Gwynne have lived in the Mid Wales are all their lives, so they have a wealth of local knowledge, and can offer guests advice and information on things to do, places to visit and eating out. Their expert knowledge, warm personalities and the luxurious, spacious accommodation makes the holiday cottages an ideal choice for families, couples or friends looking for a relaxing, fun self-catering holiday in beautiful Wales.Why not try it and tell us what you think.